Monday, April 2, 2012

Summer hopes

It was only a few weeks ago when I was too occupied in figuring out whether a concave mirror produces a real image or a virtual image as a preparation for a quiz in my Physics class.  Before I knew it, I was already imagining myself sprawling on a beach sand while the firmament of the earth makes way to the irrepressible rays of the molting sun. I was holding a fruit smoothie in my hand, unmindful of the heat penetrating the umbrella that's shielding me from the merciless domination of the sun's blaze on my skin. 

I looked around with sun glasses before my eyes, dimming the surroundings up for me and the people were just having the summer of their lives. After a few minutes of hallucinating, I found myself back in reality and  there you go, homeworks and projects came before me. It was one of those moments when I wanted to shout out loud, 

"Curse you REALITY!!! Curse you!!!" 

With a deep sigh, I wished I could get back to that beach.

Anyway, school is over and summer has finally parked. I could tell by how fast the sun burns my skin whenever I go outside for a walk.

The only thing I hate about the summer season is how quick it makes me sweat like a pig.

Sometimes I feel like my skin is oozing slime that I get all sticky and gooey. I sweat so much I disgusts myself sometimes. Anyhow, let me end this sweat talk and tell you that if I could just afford an air-conditioning unit then I would've purchased a couple and used them the whole day every day if that is what it takes for me to feel cooler. 

On the other hand, that's not how I should treat the environment, should I? And since I am still living with my parents, that's not how I should give back to them right? Those who have lived with their parents and who are still living with theirs in the present, I believe I don't have to explain myself any further, you know exactly what I mean.

Moving on, other than increasing my sweating rate, I like every bit of the summer season and it never fails to get me fired up for some fun and relaxing activities with my family and friends.

That was before my excitement was cut short. One day my Mom told me that we don't have anything planned out this summer which means I have to stay at home for two months basically do nothing at all.

My ideal summer season has now turned into a do-nothing season.

NO BEACH.

NO SAND.

NO SMOOTHIE.

Well, looking at the brighter side, I wouldn't let this road block get in the way of me getting the best summer ever. I may not have the chance to go to the beach but I guess I am quite creative enough to make this a fun but productive summer.


First, it has always been an impossible dream of mine but this time I am going to make it possible.

I want to lose weight. I want to be fitter, a little bit thinner and most importantly healthier.

Who doesn't want to be fit and healthy??? The last time I looked good physically is when I was in 6th grade and ever since then, I have always been fat. The moment I stepped into high school, I have witnessed the gradual increase of my weight and before I knew it, I was a completely different person. Whenever I see former school mates and classmates, I suddenly turn into a psychic because I know what they have in mind and I know what they want to say about me and my luggage. 

Although some people think I look fine and my body size is normal but my BMI says otherwise. I have been over-weight for years and I want to change myself for the better. 

Second, I want to be able to finish reading the books I bought. I had no time reading them because of too many school obligations but now, I have all the time in the world to enjoy reading.

Third, to blog more and to increase my readers and followers. I have always enjoyed writing and it always sends a smile on my face whenever I see people from all parts of the world following my blog and appreciating my work.

These are a few of my summer goals and I have my fingers-crossed that I will be able to achieve all of them.

I know I will. 

I just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment